Use Yahoo Messenger on mobile device
Away from your PC but still want to use Yahoo Messenger on your mobile phone or any other device? Here's how:
Using this feature for the first time? You'll have to register your mobile device.
Register your mobile device
- In the Messenger window, click Messenger | select Sign in to Mobile Device.
- Select a country from the drop-down menu.
- If necessary, select a carrier (mobile service provider) from the drop-down menu.
- Type your mobile phone number, including the area code, into the "Number:" field.
- Click Continue.
-Yahoo will send a confirmation code to your device.
- Enter the confirmation code and click Next.
- Select the "Sign in to Mobile Device" menu item with your phone number.
-You'll be signed out of Yahoo Messenger on your PC and automatically signed in on your mobile device.
Sign in from a PC
- Select Messenger.
- Select Sign in to Mobile Device.
Once you've successfully signed in, your friends will see you as "I'm Mobile", and will be able to send messages directly to your device.
Sign in from a mobile device
Sign in by texting "[in] [Yahoo ID] [password]" without the brackets on your mobile phone to the wireless carrier's short code listed on the List of Supported Wireless Carriers.
You'll get a confirmation message acknowledging your sign-out request. If you're signed in, but don't use this service for a week, you'll automatically be signed out and sent a message inviting you to sign in again. You'll then have to sign in again the next time you access this service.
- Every phone has a slightly different way to access the SMS feature. Ask your carrier or mobile phone manufacturer for instructions.
- If you don't receive the confirmation code after 10 minutes, please repeat the registration process. If you still don't get the second confirmation code, you can try sending an email message to your mobile device. If you don't receive either message, please contact your mobile service provider.
- Messages received on the mobile phone are not saved in Messenger. Unlike the computer version of Messenger which offers message archive, messages received on the mobile phone are not archived separately.
- Any offline messages will be archived and retrieved the next time you log on to Yahoo Messenger on your computer. Archived messages will not be sent to you via SMS.
Thank you! Your feedback has successfully been submitted.
Please tell us why you didn't find this helpful.