Fix plug-ins problems in Yahoo Messenger
The plug-in you're trying to install fails or isn't working? It could be because:
- It's not certified by Yahoo.
- It's pulling information from a source that is down or having problems at the moment.
Reinstalling the plug-in that's causing the problem solves the problem.
- At the bottom of your contact list, click Plug-ins.
- You'll see a listing of your installed plug-ins.
- Click Add Plug-Ins.
-The "Plug-ins Manager" window opens.
- If the plug-in has a red "Stop" button to the right of it, click Stop.
-If it says "Start," do not click it.
- Once you've stopped the plug-in, click on the "Garbage can" icon to the left of Start.
-A pop up box will appear confirming the Plug-in has been uninstalled
- Click OK.
- Go back to the "Plug-ins Manager window" that you accessed in steps 1 and 2, above.
- Select the plug-in you just deleted from the Plug-ins list and click on the green Start button to the right of it.
-The plug-in should now be running in Yahoo Messenger.
Thank you! Your feedback has successfully been submitted.
Please tell us why you didn't find this helpful.