"Webcam not found" error
Can't view a contact's webcam, or can't broadcast your webcam, or getting a "no webcam found" error message? Let's help you fix these issues.
Basic webcam troubleshooting steps:
- External webcam unplugged: Check to see if your external webcam was accidentally unplugged from your computer.
- Close other programs: Another program may be using your webcam.
- Close other programs and then try accessing your webcam again.
- Another program crashed: If another program has crashed, it might not have successfully released your webcam.
- Close all programs and restart your computer.
- Reinstall: If you have an external webcam, it might not have installed correctly.
- Reinstall your webcam according to the manufacturer's instructions.
- Camera source: Check if Yahoo Messenger is using the correct camera device on your computer.
- Configuration: Your webcam might not be configured correctly.
- Reconfiguring your webcam according to the manufacturer's instructions can fix the problem.
- Check the manufacturers website for instructions.
- Webcam compatibility: Your webcam might not be compatible with Yahoo Messenger.
- You can check this by reviewing webcam requirements for Yahoo Messenger.
Looking for additional troubleshooting steps? See troubleshooting webcam or video calling image issues
Thank you! Your feedback has successfully been submitted.
Please tell us why you didn't find this helpful.