Reset Internet Explorer to fix Yahoo Messenger issues
Proper installation and configuration of Internet Explorer is needed for Yahoo Messenger to function correctly.
Even if you don’t use Internet Explorer, problems with its installation can cause the following issues with Yahoo Messenger:
- Messenger doesn't function as expected
- Error message: "You are not connected to the internet"
- Cannot make a PC-to-PC call
- Dropped Calls
- Problems calling from computer to computer
While using Mozilla Firefox or another alternative web browser is fine, it is important to remember that the installation and proper configuration of Internet Explorer is required for Yahoo Messenger to function correctly.
Install Internet Explorer
Get the latest version of Internet Explorer.
- Download and install Internet Explorer.
- Restart your computer.
Reset Internet Explorer
Reset your Web browser configuration. (This will restore the manufacturer settings without deleting your Favorites.) To do this:
- Close all open windows and programs.
- Press Windows Logo + R.
- The "Run" command window opens.
- Type inetcpl.cpl into the Open field, and then click OK.
- This opens "Internet Properties."
- Select Advanced.
- Click Reset.
- Select Delete personal settings.
- Click Reset.
- When the reset is complete, click Close.
- Internet Explorer returns to the state it was in when it was first installed on your computer.
- Some web pages that rely on previously stored cookies, form data, passwords, or previously installed browser add-ons might not work as expected.
- Your favorites, feeds, Web slices, and a few other personalized settings are not deleted.
Thank you! Your feedback has successfully been submitted.
Please tell us why you didn't find this helpful.