Can't send or receive Yahoo email in a 3rd-party app
If you get a connection error, a password error, or are suddenly unable to send or receive email with Yahoo Mail in a 3rd-party app that used to work, then there's probably an issue with your Yahoo Mail account that you'll need to address.
Check if you can sign in with a web browser
Use a web browser and try to sign in to your Yahoo Mail account. If you're asked to change your password, update your account info, or you get an error then that's why your app stopped working. Use the following resources to get back into your account.
- Recover a forgotten password or change your existing password.
- If you change your password, you'll need to update your login info in the app to reflect it.
- Switch to Yahoo Account Key and stop using passwords all together.
- Set up a 3rd-party app password if you're using Yahoo Account Key.
- Update your Yahoo account recovery info.
- Fix other sign in issues that can occur.
Check if your account can send or receive emails
If you're able to sign in without issue, send yourself an email from the web interface.
- If you get an error - address that to fix the issue.
- If you don't get an error - your account is working as expected.
What if my account is working outside of the app?
This means there's something wrong with the app. You can download the Yahoo Mail app from the app store and use that instead or do any of the following:
- Apps with outdated security now require you grant them access in Yahoo Mail.
- Delete Yahoo Mail from the app and re-add it. Steps for mobile:
- Contact your app manufacturer for additional troubleshooting options.