"Confirm your identity" pop-up message
We take your account security seriously, that's why we've implemented features like the "Confirm your identity" pop-up.
If your account is being accessed from a device that we don't recognize, you'll be asked to provide either an answer to a security question on file for your account, or enter a code sent to your phone or email.
Identify verification options and steps
Depending on how long you've had your Yahoo account, you may be presented with only 1 verification option.
For added security, once you get back in to your account, you could be asked to change your password.
- Click Receive code.
- Select By phone or By email.
- Click Receive code again.
- Check your email or mobile phone, then enter the code in the "Verification code" field.
- Click Verify code.
- Sign in to your Yahoo account.
- Enter the security CAPTCHA code.
-If you don't see a code, proceed to the next step.
- Enter your answer to the security question displayed.
Note: Please attempt to answer the security question as best you can remember.
- Click Verify Answer.
Thank you! Your feedback has successfully been submitted.
Please tell us why you didn't find this helpful.