Search for messages in Yahoo Mail
If you need to find an email fast, searching your mailbox is the way to go. Enter simple search terms in the search bar or locate hard to find items using Advanced Search.
- In the search bar at the top, click the Search Options icon .
- Click Advanced Search at the bottom of the list.
- Enter your search criteria.
- Click Search Mail.
Find messages with a specific subject line or from a certain person by placing “Subject:” or “From:” before your search terms. For example:
- mom -from:mom
- interview -subject:interview
- Begin entering a search terms in the Search field, matches will appear below.
- Mouse over the result you want to remove.
- Click ‘X’ to delete.