Error: "553 5.7.1 [BLXX] Connections not accepted from IP addresses on Spamhaus" when sending email to Yahoo
If you're seeing one of the error messages below, please don't retry sending your message using the same IP address.
- "553 5.7.1 [BL21] Connections not accepted from IP addresses on Spamhaus PBL"
- "553 5.7.1 [BL22] Connections not accepted from IP addresses on Spamhaus SBL"
- "553 5.7.1 [BL23] Connections not accepted from IP addresses on Spamhaus XBL"
In our continuing efforts to protect our users from unsolicited email, Yahoo Mail doesn't accept SMTP connections from:
- Dynamic or residential IP addresses as determined by Spamhaus PBL (Error: 553 5.7.1 [BL21])
- IP addresses listed as spam sources on the Spamhaus SBL (Error: 553 5.7.1 [BL22])
- IP addresses listed as a possible open proxy or spam-sending Trojan Horse on Spamhaus XBL (Error: 553 5.7.1 [BL23])
If you think that your IP address has been listed in error and you're not the email administrator: We suggest you contact your administrator so they can contact Spamhaus. Once your IP is delisted by Spamhaus, Yahoo Mail will automatically unblock your IP within 48 hours.
We recommend you review our bulk email standards and best practices to make sure you're in line with industry standards.
Thank you! Your feedback has successfully been submitted.
Please tell us why you didn't find this helpful.