Find missing emails
It's frustrating when you can't find the email you're looking for in your inbox. Here are the unexpected reasons why emails can be hard to find in your Yahoo Mail. The good news is even if your email is missing for a more complex reason, there are certain cases where they can be restored.
- Emails deleted via mobile are also deleted from the Web.
- Anything you do on a mobile device will carry over to your desktop mail as the two are synced.
- Emails were delivered to an unexpected folder.
- Check your filters, which may direct certain emails to a different folder. Our guide to filters will help you master creating and editing filters in Yahoo Mail.
- Check your Spam and Trash. When you search in Yahoo Mail, results from the Spam folder aren't included.
- External mail clients can delete your message too.
- If you use Outlook or Mac Mail to download email from your Yahoo Mail account, the downloaded emails are moved to the Trash folder.
- Someone else gained access to your account and deleted your emails.
- If you believe someone has accessed your account, change your password immediately and see our help article on securing your account.
- We can restore emails that have been deleted within the last 7 days. See our help article about restoring missing messages for more info.
Use basic or advanced search methods to track down your emails - Our overview of search in Yahoo Mail has useful tips.
Thank you! Your feedback has successfully been submitted.
Please tell us why you didn't find this helpful.