Emails are sorted with the most recently received messages at the top by default, but you can change your sort options any time you like.
You can sort your emails from the "View" menu. You'll have different options available, depending on whether the Conversations feature is enabled or disabled.
With Conversations enabled
- Date - Newest emails appear on top.
- Click again to reverse sort order.
- Unread - Unread email appears on top.
- Attachments - Emails with attachments appear on top.
- Starred - Emails marked with a star appear on top.
With Conversations disabled
In addition to the previosuly mentioned sort options, you'll also have:
- Sender - Sorts alphabetically by sender. Learn more about sorting by sender.
- Subject - Sorts alphabetically by the subject line.
In the Basic Mail interface of Yahoo Mail:
- Click the "Sort by" drop-down menu at the top of your message list.
- "Date" should appear as the default.
- Select how you'd like to sort by - Date, Sender, Subject, Attachment, or Starred.
- Next to the "Sort by" menu, select your sort order - Descending or Ascending.
- Click Apply.
Our sort options are just the beginning. Learn about Yahoo Mail's other features.
Thank you! Your feedback has successfully been submitted.
Please tell us why you didn't find this helpful.