Add Yahoo Mail to your favorite POP mail client
Looking for an alternative to getting your email through your web browser? Yahoo Mail lets you send a copy of your email to a mail client, where you can sync all of your accounts under 1 app or read and draft messages offline. Just perform an easy 2-step configuration process to get started.
Enable POP in Yahoo Mail
Before adding Yahoo Mail to a mail client, you'll need to enable POP in your Yahoo Mail settings.
- Sign in to Yahoo Mail.
- Mouse over the Settings menu icon | select Settings.
- Click Accounts.
- Beside "Yahoo Account," click Edit.
- Beside "Access your Yahoo Mail elsewhere," select POP.
- Pick how you want to handle spam emails:
- Don't download spam email - No spam is sent to the mail client.
- Download spam with no special indicators - Spam is sent to the mail client as-is.
- Download spam, but prefix the word "Spam" - Spam is sent to the mail client and says "Spam" in the subject.
- Click Save.
Add Yahoo Mail to your mail client
Once your account is POP-enabled, you can manually add Yahoo Mail to your mail client with our POP server settings or you can use one of our guides below.
Have a Business Mail account? See our "Business Mail POP and SMTP settings" help article for more info.
Thank you! Your feedback has successfully been submitted.
Please tell us why you didn't find this helpful.