Fix common problems in Yahoo Mail
Many problems that happen in Yahoo Mail can be easily fixed by making changes to your web browser or other programs' settings. Our suggestions should get you up and running again.
Don't let problems on a computer keep you from your email. Download the Yahoo Mail app for iOS and Android devices. It's the easy, convenient way to stay connected to your mail and more.
If our first steps didn't fix your problem, don't worry. The steps below should get things working again. Click a section's title to see our suggestions and sign in to Yahoo Mail after trying each set of steps to see if they helped.
- Temporarily disable antivirus, antispyware, and firewall products.
- Disable compatibility mode if you're using Internet Explorer.
Trouble disabling your security software? Check the software's support site or contact its manufacturer for further assistance.
Still having problems?
The steps above should fix the following browser-related problems in Yahoo Mail:
- Missing or malfunctioning buttons pull-down menus, edge scroll bars, and text fields.
- Unable to insert, add, or edit contacts in the "To" field or Contacts list.
- Unable to send, forward, or reply to an email message.
- Unable to attach or download files.
- Mail is blank or freezes, performs slowly, or its folders and messages do not appear.
If you're still having problems, it might indicate an issue with your computer.
We suggest the following:
- Restart your computer.
- Try using your Yahoo Mail from another computer.
- This eliminates your computer as a cause of the problem.
Thank you! Your feedback has successfully been submitted.
Please tell us why you didn't find this helpful.