Fix browser and feature problems
Problems with your browser can cause Yahoo products to stop working properly so you can't do the things you want to do. The steps in this article will help you fix problems caused by any browser related errors or settings.
Tip - Enjoy the best of Yahoo by using the latest version of your favorite browser!
It's a good idea to test the problem with another browser before trying the steps below.
Steps to fix most problems
Check if the problem is resolved before moving from one step to the next.
- Clear your browser's cache and cookies
Clearing your cache and cookies can help with many types of browser functionality issues, including sign-in problems, error messages, webpages hanging or freezing, content not updating, and browser applications (like games) not responding.
- Disable browser enhancements
Many browsers offer enhancements known as add-ons, plug-ins, or extensions. These may cause problems with Yahoo product features and functionality. Examples: toolbars, news/stock tickers, instant messaging, weather/email alerts, antivirus/antispyware managers, and games.
- Verify the latest version of Java is installed
Some interactive features on Yahoo pages require the latest version of Java to render properly.
- Reinstall Adobe Flash Player
Interactive features and games depend on Adobe Flash Player to work correctly.
- Restart your computer
If you've completed the steps above, and you're still having problems, try restarting your computer.
- Temporarily disable antivirus, antispyware, and firewall products
In rare cases, security programs can block certain scripts that are essential to Yahoo product features.
- Test from another computer or mobile device
If you're still having trouble with the site, there may be an issue with your computer. Testing from another computer or mobile device ensures you're able to access your account.
- Reset your browser to default settings
If you've tried all the options listed above and Yahoo still isn't working, resetting your browser to it's default settings deletes any changes you've made including: deleting your bookmarks, removing all enhancements, and clearing any temporary internet files related to it.
- If your Yahoo ID and password are auto-populating, learn how to turn the autofill browser feature off.
- Fix problems with images that don't load on Yahoo pages.
- Enable location services to improve the accuracy of your search results.
- Using Internet Explorer? Disable Compatibility View to fix problems with Yahoo features.
Thank you! Your feedback has successfully been submitted.
Please tell us why you didn't find this helpful.