Group and delete emails by conversations
Grouping a series of email replies into 1 conversation reduces Inbox clutter by showing just a single entry in your Inbox. When you click on it, you'll see everyone's replies in a sequential list - no more searching through your mailbox to find the messages that go together.
A conversation looks a lot like a single email, but lists recent senders and the number of emails in it.
- Mouse over the Settings menu icon | select Settings.
- Click Viewing email.
- Select or deselect Enable conversations.
- Click Save.
A conversation thread shows snippets of the messages in the thread with the most recent email expanded at the bottom of the thread so you can read it.
- Click a message snippet to open or expand the email.
- Click the header (Sender, Recipient, Date) of an email to close or collapse the message.
To delete 1 message in a conversation:
- Expand the email you want to delete.
- Click More at the bottom of the email.
- Click Delete Message.
Delete a conversation thread just like you delete an email; either select it and click Delete, or open it and click Delete.
Thank you! Your feedback has successfully been submitted.
Please tell us why you didn't find this helpful.