Fix problems with Yahoo Mail in iOS Mail
You can fix most problems that come up using Yahoo Mail in the native iOS Mail app with these steps.
Resolve connection issues with iOS Mail
Verify your login info works and you can receive email
If there's an issue with your account's mailbox, you won't be able to send or receive emails using the iOS Mail app.
- Using a computer, sign in to your Yahoo Mail account.
- If you're unable to sign in, learn how to fix sign in issues.
- Compose and send an email to your own email address.
- Verify the email arrived in your Inbox.
If the email arrived, check if the message also arrived in iOS Mail.
Re-enter your settings for iOS Mail
Make sure your settings are configured correctly.
- Tap the Settings app.
- Tap Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
- Tap your Yahoo Mail account.
- Tap Account, at the top.
- Re-enter your full email address and account password, ensuring there're no spaces.
- Tap Done.
If your info matches, checks will appear and you'll return to the previous screen. If not, you'll need to use a computer to verify your login details.
Remove and re-add Yahoo Mail to iOS Mail
If your Yahoo Mail settings are corrupt in iOS Mail (the "Server Unavailable" error), the only way to fix it is to remove and re-add Yahoo Mail.
- Remove your Yahoo Mail account from iOS Mail.
- Re-add Yahoo Mail to iOS Mail and use your full email address in the "Description" field.
Manually add Yahoo Mail to iOS Mail
If you're unable to add your account to your device using the iOS Mail Wizard (steps above), you can manually enter the Yahoo Mail server info to add your account.
- Remove your Yahoo Mail account.
- Tap Settings | Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
- Tap Add Account | Other | Add Mail Account.
- Enter your name, email address, email password, and a description, then tap Next.
- Select IMAP, enter the Yahoo Mail IMAP settings, then tap Next.
- Set "Mail" to On, then tap Save.
Good to know - Manually adding Yahoo Mail only syncs Mail and Notes. Learn how to sync Yahoo Calendar and Yahoo Contacts.
Thank you! Your feedback has successfully been submitted.
Please tell us why you didn't find this helpful.