Access Yahoo Mail in Windows Live Mail
Don't have access to the Web, but need your Yahoo Mail? Just access your Yahoo Mail offline using a POP mail client like Windows Live Mail. It's convenient and we have the steps to get you started.
Make sure you've set up POP access in Yahoo Mail before continuing. Learn how to enable POP access.
Setting up Yahoo Mail in Windows Live Mail
- Launch Windows Live Mail.
- Click Add e-mail account.
- Enter the following information:
- E-mail address - Your full Yahoo Mail email address
- Password - Your Yahoo Mail password.
- Remember password - Clear this check box (optional) if you don't want Windows Live Mail to retain your Yahoo Mail password
- Display Name - The name you want to display on your sent messages.
- Select Manually configure server settings for e-mail account.
- Click Next.
- In the "Add email account" window:
- Make sure your settings match the POP settings for Yahoo Mail.
- Select This server requires a secure connection (SSL).
- For "Log on using," select Clear text authentication.
- Select My outgoing server requires authentication.
- Click Next.
- The message, "You have successfully entered in the information required to set up your account" will appear.
- Select Set this account as the default mail account.
- Click Finish.
You'll now be able to receive your Yahoo Mail messages in your Windows Live Mail account.
If you have problems sending or receiving Yahoo Mail with Windows Live Mail, check out our suggestions for fixing Yahoo Mail problems with POP mail clients.
Thank you! Your feedback has successfully been submitted.
Please tell us why you didn't find this helpful.