Stop spam in Yahoo Mail
Yahoo Mail automatically filters suspected spam messages to your "Spam" folder. However, sometimes unwanted messages still make it through. Here are some tips to help reduce your spam.
Click a link below to learn more.
Yahoo Mail on a computer
- Use the "Spam" and "Not Spam" buttons.
- Set up email filters.
- Block certain senders' email addresses.
- Block images from displaying in emails.
- This prevents spammers from confirming that their images and emails are viewed.
Yahoo Mail on mobile devices
Yahoo Mail apps
Avoiding spam in the future
- Never respond to unsolicited email.
- Never respond with the word "remove" (or similar) to stop unsolicited spam email.
- Avoid displaying your email addresses in public places or online directories.
- Never sign up with sites that promise to remove your name from spam lists. Though there are some legitimate sites, most are address collectors used by spammers.
Learn how Yahoo fights spam. Our Anti-spam site has more info.
Thank you! Your feedback has successfully been submitted.
Please tell us why you didn't find this helpful.