Important dates for Yahoo Fantasy Baseball
Keep track of this year's important dates in Yahoo Fantasy Baseball. The Fantasy Baseball season follows the same schedule as the 2020 Major League Baseball regular season.
The 2020 season runs from July 23, 2020 through September 27, 2020.
Team and league registration is open from January 30, 2020 until August 31, 2020.
- First day for live drafts - February 3, 2020
- Last day for live drafts - August 31, 2020
- First day for live draft lobby - February 25, 2020
- Last day for live draft lobby - August 2, 2020
For your league to score for the entire MLB season, your draft must be completed by a specific day, based on your roster change format.
|Roster change format||Draft deadline|
|Daily - today||July 23, 2020 - complete your league's draft before the first game of the season begins.|
|Daily - tomorrow||July 22, 2020 at 11:59:59pm PDT|
|Weekly||July 22, 2020 at 11:59:59pm PDT|
If your league's draft happens after the deadline, your season will be begin scoring during the next game, based on your league type.
|League type||Post-deadline season start dates|
|Head-to-Head||Scoring begins the following Fantasy week|
|Rotisserie or Points||Scoring begins the day after your draft is completed|
2020 Shortened Season - Head to Head leagues will default to a 9 week season - 7 week regular season and 2 week playoffs, meaning only 4 teams would make the playoffs and no bye weeks. Learn more about the adjustments made for the shortened MLB 2020 season.All Head-to-Head Leagues use a multi-week playoff at the end of the season.
- Public and Pro Leagues - Use a 6 team playoff format during weeks 23, 24, and 25.
- Private Leagues – Commissioners choose from several formats and timeframes. Check out your league settings for specifics.
- The trade deadline for all 2020 Pro and Public Leagues is September 06, 2020 at 11:59 p.m. PT.
- Private Leagues may have a different deadline based on league configuration.
- Your commissioner will set this deadline.
- Check out your league settings for your specific deadlines.