"Group Settings" preferences
If you're a group's owner or moderator, you can edit multiple preferences in your group's "Control Panel."
Settings available in the Control Panel
To access the "Control Panel" section, click Management | Control Panel.
You can choose:
- Group type (privacy of the group)
- Who can join the group
- Who can see the group
- Default message reply-to settings for all members
- Whether spam filtering is on or off
- If photomatic albums are on or off
- Whether attachments are on or off
- Whether users can hide their email address from the rest of the group
- If access to the group is restricted by email domain
About Group settings
You can enter:
- Group title
- Group web address
- Group email address
- Group description
- Website associated with the group
- Group category
- Delete Group
From the "Control Panel," click any of these options:
- Access Control—Control which features/sections group members have access to (e.g., Messages, Files, Database).
- Moderation—Control how messages, and photos are moderated.
- Email Template—Control the subject prefix and footer for emails sent to members.
- Notifications—Control the "Welcome" message sent to new members.
Note: If you're a moderator and you don't see sections described above, your group's owner has not given you permission to change group settings. In this event, you'll need to contact the owner to request that they make the desired changes or assign you the privileges to do so.