Disable browser enhancements
Sometimes third-party browser enhancements can cause problems with how Yahoo displays in your browser. If you've tried our steps to clear your browser's cache and Yahoo still isn't loading correctly, you can turn them off to see if that resolves the issue.
Yahoo supported browsers
Note: If your browser isn't listed below, refer to your browser's support website for info on how to disable enhancements.
Verified for version 36
- Click the Tools icon | select Add-ons (or Extensions).
- The "Add-ons Manager" window appears.
- Click Extensions.
- Click Disable or Remove next to your desired extensions.
- Click Restart Now.
Verified for version 40
- Click Customize Chrome | select Settings.
- The "Settings" tab appears.
- Click Show advanced settings.
- Under "Privacy," click Content settings.
- The "Content Settings" window appears.
- Under "Plug-ins," select Block by default.
Note: To customize permissions for specific websites, click Manage exceptions.
- Click Done.
Verified for version 8
- Click Safari | select Preferences.
- Click Security.
- Deselect Allow Plug-Ins.
- Restart Safari.
Verified for version 10
- Click the Tools icon | select Manage Add-ons.
- Select the add-on you want to disable.
- Click Disable.
- Click Close.
- Restart Internet Explorer.
Thank you! Your feedback has successfully been submitted.
Please tell us why you didn't find this helpful.