Polls in Groups
Want to survey the opinions of your fellow group members? The 'Polls' page is a great place to do it!
Keep in mind: While all group members may create polls, only group owners, moderators, or the poll's creator may edit, close, or delete them.
- On the "Polls" page, click New Poll.
- Enter your poll question.
- Enter your options.
- Select your additional poll options (number of choices, close date, etc.).
- Choose whether to allow voters to add options to the poll.
- Click Create Poll.
- On the "Polls" page, mouse over the poll you'd like to edit.
- Click the Edit icon .
- Make your updates.
- Click Save.
Important: Editing an active poll will reset voting data and you will lose all existing votes.
- On the "Polls" page, mouse over the poll you'd like to close.
- Click the Close icon (X).
- Select how you'd like to send poll results to group members.
- Click Close Poll.
- On the "Polls" page, mouse over the poll you'd like to delete.
- Click the Delete icon .
- Click Delete Poll.
Adding options to a poll
As a group member, you may have the ability to add options to an existing poll.
- On the "Polls" page, click the poll you'd like to modify.
- Click Add Option.
- Enter text for the option.
- Click Save.
- A notification about the change is sent to all group members.
Also, when you see a group poll notification via email, you can click voting options and vote or click on Add Options to add your own options.