Polls in Groups
Want to survey the opinions of your fellow group members? The 'Polls' page is a great place to do it!
Keep in mind: While all group members may create polls, only group owners, moderators, or the poll's creator may edit, close, or delete them.
- On the "Polls" page, click New Poll.
- Enter your poll question.
- Enter your options.
- Select your additional poll options (number of choices, close date, etc.).
- Choose whether to allow voters to add options to the poll.
- Click Create Poll.
- On the "Polls" page, mouse over the poll you'd like to edit.
- Click the Edit icon .
- Make your updates.
- Click Save.
Important: Editing an active poll will reset voting data and you will lose all existing votes.
- On the "Polls" page, mouse over the poll you'd like to close.
- Click the Close icon (X).
- Select how you'd like to send poll results to group members.
- Click Close Poll.
- On the "Polls" page, mouse over the poll you'd like to delete.
- Click the Delete icon .
- Click Delete Poll.
Adding options to a poll
As a group member, you may have the ability to add options to an existing poll.
- On the "Polls" page, click the poll you'd like to modify.
- Click Add Option.
- Enter text for the option.
- Click Save.
- A notification about the change is sent to all group members.
Also, when you see a group poll notification via email, you can click voting options and vote or click on Add Options to add your own options.
Thank you! Your feedback has successfully been submitted.
Please tell us why you didn't find this helpful.