Fix issues with Yahoo Mail filters
If filters aren't working properly or emails aren't sent to the correct folder, there may be issues with your filter settings. All emails go through the spam filter before going through other filters. If your emails aren't in the correct folder, check your spam folder first.
Old mail not showing up in the correct folder? Recently created filters will not apply to existing mail.
- A filter will use all of the rules you define to determine which mail to filter.
- If you want to filter all messages that contain specific criteria, create more than one filter.
- Make sure there isn't a conflicting filter above a filter that isn't working.
- Avoid negative criteria like "does not contain" and opt for positive criteria like "begins with."
- Filters are applied in list order. Select the filter and then use the up and down arrows to change the order.
- Mail clients using POP only download email from the Inbox folder.
- Filters to other folders will prevent your mail client from downloading them.
- Filters work on aliases/disposable addresses.
- Filters won't work on 3rd party mailboxes you IMAP in.
If you notice your emails are going to the trash or to the wrong folder, it might be because of a faulty filter redirecting your emails to different folders, other than the inbox. Check your settings to view or change where they're going.
- Review your filter settings in Yahoo Mail and edit or delete any incorrect filters.
- If you're using a mobile app or program, such as Outlook or Mac Mail, that is set up to delete email from the server, you'll need to contact the manufacturer for help.