Find missing emails in Yahoo Mail
Missing one of your emails is annoying, especially the ones important for you and it could lead to a lot of frustration. Learn what are the primary reasons why your email might be hard to find and suggestions on how to handle each situation.
Email filters and our spam filter can send incoming email to folders other than your Inbox.
- Search for them - Locate misplaced emails using our basic or advanced search options.
- Spam and Trash - These folders don't show in search results. Check them manually.
- Filters - Review your settings to see if filters are sending emails to another folder.
If you access Yahoo Mail from an app on your mobile device or your computer, your settings or actions could have caused emails to be deleted from your account.
Apps that use IMAP and the Yahoo Mail apps
Some desktop email apps and most mobile email apps, like on iPhone and Android, use IMAP.
- Actions taken in these apps are mirrored in your Yahoo Mail account everywhere.
- Email deleted from the apps will be placed in your Trash folder.
- Deleting email from the Trash removes it from your account.
Apps that use POP
Desktop apps, like Outlook, Thunderbird, and Mac Mail, can access Yahoo Mail using POP.
- Copies of your email download to the app, so actions in the app won't affect your account.
- One POP setting, however, will delete email from your account when it's downloaded.
- To disable the "delete emails from server" option, contact your app manufacturer.
If you believe someone has accessed your account, change your password immediately.
Restore deleted email - Email deleted from the Trash within the last 7 days, can be recovered.