Create a portfolio
Creating your first portfolio
- Sign in to Yahoo Finance.
- On the left, click My Portfolio.
- In the “Portfolio Name” box, enter a name for your portfolio.
- In the “Manage Symbols” box, enter securities symbols.
- Click Add Symbol.
- Under “Add market indices,” select any indexes you’d like to add.
- You can apply advanced portfolio settings:
Note: you can edit advanced settings at any time.
- Under “Default View,” choose which view to display when you open your portfolio.
- Advanced Settings:
- Select the currency your portfolio will display holdings in.
- Consolidate multiple lots of the same symbol.
- Sort positions alphabetically.
- Click Save.
Once you've created a basic portfolio, you can convert it into a transaction portfolio.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you! Your feedback has successfully been submitted.
Please tell us why you didn't find this helpful.