Discover daily trade ideas with Yahoo Finance Plus
View top bullish or bearish trade ideas identified using investing strategies developed by our partners Trading Central and Argus Research. Strategies use both technical and fundamental research, making them suitable for all investor types. Featured ideas are updated daily. The current price is compared to the price target for the relevant term.
View trade ideas related to your portfolio
- Go to Yahoo Finance.
- Click the Research tab.
- Click the Trade Ideas tab.
- Click Related to my portfolios only to view relevant research.
How Trade Ideas are identified
- Fundamental analysis - A long-term approach to investing by attempting to measure the intrinsic value of a stock. Fundamental analysts study everything from the overall economy and industry conditions to the financial condition and management of companies. Earnings, expenses, assets, and liabilities are all important characteristics to fundamental analysts.
- Technical analysis - A short-term approach to investing and differs from fundamental analysis in that the stock's price and volume are the only inputs. The core assumption is that all known fundamentals are factored into price; thus, there is no need to pay close attention to them. Technical analysts do not attempt to measure a security's intrinsic value, but instead, use stock charts to identify patterns and trends that suggest what a stock will do in the future. The most popular forms of technical analysis are simple moving averages, support and resistance, trend lines, and momentum-based indicators.
How to interpret trade ideas
- Outlook - Bullish or bearish depending on the strategy which is matched.
- Percentage - Calculated assuming the stock price moves from the confirmation price to the midpoint of the target price.
- Time horizon - Provided in the description of the idea and is categorized by short-, mid-, or long-term.