Track cash or private equities in a portfolio list
Track cash or private equity holdings in a portfolio list. Learn how to add them to a list in Yahoo Finance.
Add cash or private equities to a list
- Sign in to Yahoo Finance.
- Click the list you want to edit under My Portfolio & Markets.
- Click My Holdings.
- Click Add Symbol.
- Enter $$CASH in the "Find a Quote" field, and press Enter.
- $$CASH is added to the list.
- Click Add lot.
- In the "Shares" field, enter the number of dollars.
- In the "Price per Share" field, enter 1.
- Click Done.
Customize cash symbols
You can customize the cash/private equity symbols you use to fit your needs (like $$DEBT, $$EQUITY, $$EARNINGS). When customizing, use alphanumeric characters only -- don't use special characters (like @, %, &, /).