About manager-less teams added to your Yahoo Fantasy league
Head-to-head leagues that have an odd number of managers at draft time will have a manager-less team auto-added to their league. The league must already have at least 5 confirmed managers in order for the manager-less team to be added and for the draft to happen. After the draft, the commissioner can transfer team management to any newly invited manager.
Manager-less teams during the draft
Since this team doesn’t have a manager, it will auto draft. During the draft (and after), the auto-added team will have a default team name and avatar.
Manager-less teams during the season
- They can’t make waiver claims or add players.
- Commissioners can still edit the roster for these teams.
- Trade offers can be made, but with no manager, there will no one to accept the trades.
- Playing against an manager-less team won’t have an impact on your League Rating or Level.
What happens if an manager-less team makes the playoffs?
The commish can handle this a couple of ways:
- Let it ride and whatever happens, happens.
- Edit the playoff seeding to assign the teams they want to be in the playoffs.
- Edit the manager-less teams’ points, so they lose every match-up (Fantasy Football only).