Continuous waivers in Fantasy Sports
Level the playing field in your custom league and prevent the weekly mad dash for free agents. Just enable "continuous" waivers so that all unclaimed players are on waivers at all times.
What are continuous waivers?
In standard leagues, all unclaimed players become free agents after a brief waiver period. Once that period is up, players who weren't claimed are eligible to be picked up by any team.
When a commissioner enables "continuous" waivers in their custom league, all unowned players are on waivers at all times.
Continuous waivers cause dropped players to remain on waivers for a fixed number of days before they can be claimed, and all waiver claims are processed on fixed days each week.
When continuous waivers are enabled, players must be added to a roster by 11:59 PM, PT Sunday to be eligible for the current game week.
- They're especially useful for leagues that use FAAB waivers since all unowned players would require a bid in order to be added to a team.
- When combined with "Daily - Today" roster changes, players are immediately eligible on their team after the waiver claim processes (in games other than Fantasy Football).
Avoid changing waiver types mid-season! Learn the potential issues in our help article about switching to continuous waivers after your season starts.
- On your league's homepage, click Commissioner.
- Click Edit League Settings.
- From the "Waiver Mode" drop-down menu:
- Enable: Select Continuous.
- Disable: Select Standard.
- Under "Process Waivers on," select the days you'd like waivers to process.
- From the "Time players are on waivers" drop-down menu, select how many days before dropped players can be claimed.
- Click Submit.
Thank you! Your feedback has successfully been submitted.
Please tell us why you didn't find this helpful.