Post-draft waivers in custom leagues
Now that the draft is over, you may be noticing some gaps in your team. Here's what you need to know about picking up players after the draft.
Custom league commissioners can choose whether players will automatically go to waivers after the draft or if players will be immediately available as free agents. A few things to keep in mind with this option:
- This setting can't be reversed once the draft is over. All undrafted players must follow the waiver period setting in place at the time the draft concluded.
- The waiver period for custom leagues can be set anywhere from "No waivers" up to "7 days."
- If the waiver period for your custom league is set for 2 days (which is the default Public/Pro League setting), waivers will take between 48 and 72 hours. Waivers don't begin processing until the nightly update that begins shortly after midnight Pacific Time.
- If your draft takes place on a Monday at 11 a.m. PT, undrafted players will clear waivers at 11:59 p.m. PT on Wednesday. Waivers will then be processed between 4-8 hours later, at which point they will show on their new roster.
When rosters populate after your draft
- Same day - If your league uses Daily - Today roster changes.
- The following day - If your league uses Daily - Tomorrow roster changes.
- The day roster changes are allowed - If your league uses Weekly roster changes.
Thank you! Your feedback has successfully been submitted.
Please tell us why you didn't find this helpful.