Recent login activity in your Yahoo account
Monitoring your recent login activity is important to keep your account safe. Be aware, there are some legitimate reasons why your history can show an unfamiliar location, like your mobile device picking up the wrong location or your Internet provider using a location proxy.
Check your recent activity
- Sign in to your Yahoo Account.
- Click the Settings icon | click Account info.
- Click Recent Activity.
- From an app or mobile browser, tap the Sidebar icon .
- Tap Account info.
- If using the Yahoo Mail app, tap Manage Accounts to see this option.
- Tap Recent activity.
Different types of activity
If you see something you don't recognize, click Sign out or Remove next to the unexpected activity and immediately change your password.
- Recent activity - View the sign-in history for each device or browser your account's signed into.
- Apps connected to your account - Apps you've given permission to access your info.
- Recent account access changes - Shows the last 3 password changes.
IP addresses - Your IP address is your location online and should start with the same few sets of numbers. If it's drastically different, you'll want to change your password and secure your account.