Change and reset BT andpasswords
The process for changing and resetting a password differs depending on the type of account you have.
Reset a forgotten BT Mail,, or BT ID password
- Go to the forgotten password page.
- Enter your BT username, email address, or ID in the “Username” field | Click Continue.
- Enter your BT email address in the “Email name” field | Select your domain | Click Next.
- Follow the prompts to enter your security verification info and reset your password.
Change your passwords
- If you know the current password for your account, you can change it to something new.
- If you want to change your BT Mail or ID passwords, you'll need to reset them.
Unsure of your account type
If you're not sure which email service you're using, you can find out.