Export your Yahoo Contacts
Want to have your Yahoo Contacts in one of your other accounts? You can, but you'll need to export them first. Here's how.
Exporting your contacts to .csv or .vcf gives you the freedom to import them to almost any other email program.
Export to .csv or .vcf
Important: Contacts imported from Facebook won't be exported.
- In your Yahoo Mail's Left Navigation column, click the Contacts icon .
- Your Yahoo Contacts appear.
- Select Actions | Export.
- Select a format:
- Microsoft Outlook - Creates a .csv file designed for Outlook's import feature.
- Netscape/Thunderbird - Creates a text file designed for Thunderbird's import feature.
- Yahoo CSV - Creates a standard .csv file, compatible with most email programs.
- vCard Single File - Use this if your email program supports .vcf files and you'll be importing all contacts.
- vCard, Zip of .VCF files - Use this if your email program supports .vcf files and you'll be importing only some of your contacts.
- Click Export Now.
See our help video for more information.
If you're using a phone or tablet, you can sync your Yahoo Contacts directly to the device.
Need to import contacts into Yahoo Mail? Learn how by viewing our importing contacts help article.
Thank you! Your feedback has successfully been submitted.
Please tell us why you didn't find this helpful.