Creating a Facebook account
This article explains how to create a Facebook account for use with Yahoo Profile.
There are two ways to join Facebook:
- Visit Facebook’s website to sign up and create a new account.
- Sign up from Yahoo. You’ll gain an account with Facebook and create a link to your Yahoo Account at the same time.
To sign up for a Facebook account from Yahoo:
- Go to your Yahoo Profile website.
- Click Settings located at the upper right corner of the page.
- Click Manage my linked accounts under the “Linked Accounts” label.
- On the new page that opens, click Link located at the right of Facebook under "Accounts You Can Link".
- On the new page that opens, Click Sign up for Facebook.
- Fill in the requested information and click Sign Up.
Note: You do not need to use a Yahoo Mail email address to link your account.
- Type the security characters in the text box and click Sign Up.
- Click the Go to button to open your email account so that you can confirm your new account and link them as well.
- In your Inbox, open the message from “Facebook”.
- Confirm your Facebook account by clicking the indicated link. You'll be guided through several setup pages.
- Return to the email message and confirm your link between Facebook and Yahoo by clicking the indicated link.
Now you have a Facebook account and a link between it and your Yahoo account. If you have updates to share, you should start seeing them in each account.
Thank you! Your feedback has successfully been submitted.
Please tell us why you didn't find this helpful.