Sign in with Yahoo Account Key
Below, we cover the steps for using Account Key.
It's important to know that in certain apps, you'll need to be connected to an wifi network in order to sign out. When you sign out, the app will ask you to confirm that you're ready to sign out by clicking Continue. Yahoo will then check that your device is connected and if that device is an Account Key enabled device.
- Go to the Yahoo sign-in page.
- Enter your username or email address.
- Click Continue.
- Check your phone and tap the check mark .
Missed the notification?
If you’re trying to sign in using your Account Key account and think that you may have missed the Account Key notification, there are two ways find it on a tablet or mobile device.
Find the 'Yes' or 'No' notification on iOS
- Open an Account Key supported Yahoo app and tap the Profile icon .
- Tap the Account Key icon next to the account that you’re trying to access.
- A page opens and asks you if you’re trying to sign-in.
- Tap the check mark or the X .
Find the 'Yes' or 'No' notification on Android
- Open an Account Key supported Yahoo app and tap the Menu icon .
- Tap the Account Key icon .
- Tap the check mark or enter the Account Key on the sign-in page.
Occasionally, you'll be prompted to go through an extra step to protect your account's security.
- Enter your username.
- Open the Account Key enabled app (Example: Yahoo Mail app)
- Find and tap the Account Key icon in the app.
- iOS: tap the Profile icon , and then tap the Account Key icon .
- Android: tap the Menu icon , and then tap the Account Key icon
- Enter the Account Key shown in in the space provided on the sign-in page.
- Click Sign in.
If you ever get the Account Key notification, but you aren’t trying to sign in, simply tap No. That’s how easy it is to block unauthorized account access.
Did we cover all your Account Key questions? If not, read how to fix issues with Account Key.