Why do I have to sign in when "Keep me signed in" is selected?
Staying signed in to your Yahoo account creates quick, convenient access to all your favorite Yahoo services. Your account's default setting is set to "Keep me signed in" for 2 weeks, unless you sign out. However, there are some circumstances when you'll be prompted to sign in again.
Issues with your cookies can sign you out
- The cookie file is corrupted - clear out the cookie file to potentially fix it.
- The browser is clearing cookies - reset the browser to accept cookies from your Yahoo account.
- You cleared cookies manually - If the settings weren't changed, once you sign in, you'll stay signed in.
- A security software is clearing cookies - disable the program and change its settings to stay signed in.
Other causes that can sign you out
- You've accidentally clicked Sign Out.
- You're using a new browser from your previous sign in.
- You're on the Account security page - Yahoo requires a password to access sensitive info.
- Account Key is enabled for extra security - You'll need to accept a notification each time you sign in.
- You're switching to another Yahoo account - You can change your settings to sign in to multiple accounts.