Manage spam and mailing lists in Yahoo Mail
Getting unwanted emails or spam is frustrating. While most spam should be caught by our spam filters, occasionally some can slip through. If that does happen it's very important to mark the email as spam. It lets our system learn that messages from a specific place are not good and helps us make Yahoo Mail even better at recognizing future spam emails.
- Select the spam email.
- Click Spam.
- Click the Spam folder. If you don't see the "Spam" folder, click More below the "Sent" folder.
- Select the email.
- Click Not Spam at the top of the page.
- The email will return to your Inbox.
At the bottom of most subscription email there's an option to unsubscribe. This should never be done if you suspect the email is spam. If the email was filtered to your spam folder, we automatically disable any links to make sure your email stays safe.
To make life even easier, manage active subscriptions in the Subscriptions view.
- On the left side of your inbox, select the Subscriptions view.
- Under the mailing list you want to unsubscribe from, select Unsubscribe.
- Don't reply to unknown senders.
- Be careful who you give your email address to.
- Never reply to email subscriptions asking to be removed.
- Don't sign up with sites that claim to remove your email from spam lists. While some are legitimate, many are address collectors used by spammers.