Use and manage Yahoo Account Key
Account Key is a security feature that lets some Yahoo users sign into their account using a mobile phone instead of a password. Account Key can no longer be set up for all Yahoo accounts. If you already have it enabled, here's how to use it to sign in, and how to turn it off.
Live agent help - Contact paid premium support at (800) 745-0739
For Account Key to work, you must be signed into a Yahoo app on your mobile device.
- Go to the Yahoo Sign in page.
- Enter your Yahoo ID, then click Next.
- A notification is sent to your Account Key enabled device.
- On your device, tap the notification or open the app and tap the Account Key icon .
- Tap the Approve icon .
- You might be prompted to either enter or tap a verification code to confirm.
You can turn off Account Key and switch back to a password, if you prefer. Or, if you're using multiple devices and Yahoo apps, you can change where the notification is sent.
Disable Account Key from a web browser
- Go to the Yahoo Account security page.
- Click Turn off Account Key.
- Click Turn off.
- Click Turn off again to confirm.
Disable Account Key from a Yahoo mobile app
- From your Account Key enabled app, tap the Menu icon . In some apps, like the Yahoo Mail app, you'll need to tap your profile icon instead.
- Tap Account Key under your email address.
- Tap Manage Account Key.
- Tap Disable Account Key at the bottom of the screen to switch back to a password.
- Optionally, tap the toggle to the right of any device you want to turn on or off.