Turn on or off Yahoo Two-step verification
Prevent other people from accessing your account without your permission. Yahoo uses an authentication feature known as "two-step verification." It asks you to verify a code sent to your mobile device, when a login attempt is made on your account from a new location or device.
- Sign in to your Account info page.
- Click Account security.
- If it isn't enabled, select Two-step verification.
- Enter your mobile number if there isn't one associated with your account.
- Click Send SMS or Call me depending on your preference.
- You'll receive a call or text with a code to enter in the verification code field.
- Once you've entered the code, click Verify.
Want to turn it off? Simply select Two-step verification in the same place you did to turn it on.
Important: After disabling two-step verification, you'll no longer get notifications when you access your account from a new location.
Thank you! Your feedback has successfully been submitted.
Please tell us why you didn't find this helpful.