Access Yahoo Mail in Microsoft Outlook 2010
Looking for an alternative to getting your email through your web browser? Yahoo Mail lets you send a copy of your email to Outlook, where you can sync all of your accounts under 1 app or read and draft messages offline. Just perform an easy configuration process to get started.
- Enable POP in Yahoo Mail.
- From Outlook, click File | select Info | Add Account.
- Select Manually configure server settings, then click Next.
- Select Internet E-mail, then click Next.
- Add your account info:
- User Information - Enter your name and full Yahoo email address.
- Server Information - Pick POP3 and add our server settings.
- Logon Information - Enter your Yahoo ID and password.
- Select Remember password, then click More Settings.
- On the "Outgoing Server" tab, enter the following:
- Select My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication.
- Select Use same settings as my incoming mail server.
- On the "Advanced" tab, enter the following:
- Server port settings - Add our port settings.
- Leave a copy of messages on the server - We recommend you select this.
- Click OK.
- Click Next, then click Finish.
Restart Outlook, then click Send/Receive All Folders to get emails from Yahoo Mail in Outlook.
Having problems sending or receiving email? Learn how to fix POP issues with Yahoo Mail.
Thank you! Your feedback has successfully been submitted.
Please tell us why you didn't find this helpful.