Fix mobile sign-in problems
It's especially frustrating to have trouble signing in to your Yahoo account when you're on the go. Below, we've listed the possible reasons why you could have trouble accessing your account from a mobile device and how to fix them quickly.
Keep in mind - When you're signing in, you don't need to include "@yahoo.com" as part of your Yahoo ID.
- Did you recently change your password? Try to recall what you would have used and if you still can't remember, tap I can't access my account.
- Is your device on Caps Lock? Make sure your device isn't automatically capitalizing the first letter of your Yahoo ID or password if that's not how it should be entered.
- Does your password have special characters? Some devices have problems entering special characters. Try signing in using a desktop computer, and then change your password.
- Have you turned on two-step verification? If you're using two-step verification, you'll need to use an app password to access Yahoo Mail on your device. Learn about app passwords.
- Have you cleared your browser's cache and cookies? If you have, your browser won't remember your account details.
- Are you having trouble signing in with an app? See our troubleshooting Android apps and iOS apps help articles for more help with app sign-in problems.
- Have you checked with your phone's support documentation for instructions? After you check, try signing in again.
- Are you getting a "sign in from a desktop" notice? Go to https://m.yahoo.com/ to sign in on a desktop or laptop. If you're able to sign in there, your password should be okay.
Thank you! Your feedback has successfully been submitted.
Please tell us why you didn't find this helpful.