I received a request for my account or credit card information
Here's what to do if you received a phishing email requesting information about your Yahoo account details and/or credit card details.
If you've received an email requesting your Yahoo account details and/or credit card details
- Do not respond - This email isn't from Yahoo.
- If you've already supplied your account details - Let our abuse team know immediately. See our support options for more assistance.
Other things you can do
- If you've already entered your information into a suspicious message or webpage, you should immediately change your password and update any other information you provided. For more information, see our help articles about:
- If you provided credit card or other financial details, you should also contact your financial institution.
Yahoo doesn't proactively request account or credit card details
- Your account details, credit card details, and password are your own confidential information.
- No Yahoo employee will ever ask you for your password by phone, email, or other personal information.
- Don't share your password if you are ever asked for it.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you! Your feedback has successfully been submitted.
Please tell us why you didn't find this helpful.