Recognize and secure a hacked Yahoo Mail account
Your account security is very important. Use these guidelines to secure your Yahoo account if you discover it's been compromised.
Signs your account has been hacked
- You're not receiving any emails.
- Your Yahoo Mail is sending spam to your contacts.
- Your account info or settings were changed without your knowledge.
- You see logins from unexpected locations on your recent activity page.
Secure your account
Secure your account to kick out the hacker and make sure they never get back in.
- Use a strong password - Come up with a password that will be hard to guess.
- Secure your account - Change your password immediately.
- If you don't have access, use the Sign-in Helper to reset your password.
- Change your recovery info - Update your alternate email address and mobile number.