Fix Account Key code receiving issues
Yahoo protects your account by using a secure and personalized code called Account Key. Use these suggested fixes if you don't receive the Account Key notification when signing in, verifying info, or resetting your password.
Didn't receive an Account Key?
If you don't receive the Account Key code within 5 minutes, click Resent SMS. If you still don't receive the code, check the following:
- Used a landline - SMS codes can only be sent to mobile numbers.
- Contact info is wrong - Make sure your mobile number or alternate email address is correct.
- Device problems - You'll need to make sure that the device and carrier is supported and that your plan has not reached its sending data limit.
- Email problems - Make sure your alternate email address hasn't been deleted, the email isn't in your spam folder, and Yahoo isn't blocked by your ISP.
Other Account Key considerations
- Verification link is no longer valid - The code has expired and you need to request a new one.
- Can't get an Account Key because you forgot your password and recovery info is wrong - You'll have to create a new account.
Thank you! Your feedback has successfully been submitted.
Please tell us why you didn't find this helpful.