Fix issues with alternate email address or mobile number verification
It's important to verify your alternate email address or mobile number after you add it to your account to make sure it'll work if you're ever unable to sign in. If you've gone through the verification steps to add an email address or mobile number to your account info, but you still don't see it as confirmed, don't give up. Below is a checklist of possible causes and how to fix the problem.
- Check that you've provided an active and accurate email address.
- Turn off any spam or junk mail filters so the email goes to your inbox.
- Check back again after letting some time pass. Even though email will arrive quickly, it's not instantaneous.
- Ask your Internet Service Provider (ISP) or email provider if they're blocking any mail from Yahoo.
- Check for mistakes in entering the mobile number to be sure it's valid.
- Make sure you're not using a landline. SMS messages can only be sent to mobile numbers.
- Contact your mobile carrier to see if they're blocking this SMS.
Thank you! Your feedback has successfully been submitted.
Please tell us why you didn't find this helpful.