Reactivate a deleted Yahoo account
If you asked Yahoo to delete your account, or someone else deleted your account without your knowledge, you can reopen it as long as it was deleted within the last 90 days.
Yahoo can never reactivate your deleted account if:
- The account wasn't used in the last 12 months; or
- There was a violation of our Terms of Service.
Reopen your account
If your account meets the criteria to be reactivated, or you think it might, follow the steps below from your computer (not from a mobile phone or tablet) to attempt to reactivate your account.
- Go to the Sign-in Helper.
- Enter your Yahoo ID or email address, and click Continue.
- Answer the questions that appear on the screen to verify your identity.
After you prove you're the owner of the account, you'll see a "Success" message that says you're now signed in. If you see this message, your account has been reactivated and can be used immediately.
If you think someone else deleted your account, change your password to secure your account.
Old emails and other data
- Emails, contacts, and other account data may no longer be available, and can't be recovered.
- Emails sent to your account after it was deleted were returned to the senders and won't be there.
Thank you! Your feedback has successfully been submitted.
Please tell us why you didn't find this helpful.