Reactivate a Yahoo account
If you want to reopen a closed Yahoo account so you can use it again, it's possible you can reactivate it.
Recovery isn't possible if:
- The account was deactivated due to a violation of the Terms.
- The account was deleted due to inactivity (you must sign in at least once every 12 months).
Reactivate your Yahoo account
- On a desktop or laptop computer, go to the Yahoo sign in page.
- Enter your Yahoo ID and password
- Click Sign in.
- Enter the CAPTCHA verification code if prompted.
- Click Re-activate.
It can take up to 24 hours for your account to reactivate. Lost account data, like emails and contacts, can't be recovered.
If you think someone else deleted your account, we recommend changing your password make sure your account's secure.
Tip: Learn more about how to protect your account at the Safety Center.
Thank you! Your feedback has successfully been submitted.
Please tell us why you didn't find this helpful.