How to tell if your account was hacked
Hopefully you never have to worry about someone else accessing your account without your permission, but you can never be too safe. Here's how to recognize the signs your account has been compromised so you can take control of your account back.
No matter what, if you think your account has been accessed without your permission, change your password immediately.
Important - If you don't have access to your account, use the Yahoo Password Helper to get back in.
Signs your account has been hacked
- Changes have been made to your account information.
- There are logins from locations you don't recognize in your Login Activity page.
- Your Yahoo Mail account is sending spam.
- There are messages in your sent folder that you didn't send.
- You're receiving multiple failed delivery messages.
- You aren't receiving expected emails.
What to do now?
Thank you! Your feedback has successfully been submitted.
Please tell us why you didn't find this helpful.