Change your Yahoo password or reset a forgotten password
Your Yahoo password gives you access to every Yahoo service you use. You'll need to know your current password in order to change it to something else. If not, you can reset it to start fresh.
Partner account - If you have an email account with Yahoo through one of our partners (Verizon, AT&T, Frontier, Rogers, BT, Sky, Spark, or MTS) follow these instructions to change or reset your password.
Change your password
- Go to the Yahoo Account Info page.
- (Mobile web browser only) tap the Menu icon .
- Click Account Security.
- Click Change password.
- Enter and confirm your new password.
- Click Continue, then Continue again to confirm.
Reset a forgotten password
Use the Sign-in Helper to reset your Yahoo password and regain access to your account. For account security, we'll only display some of the options below. Our system determines which options to display based on factors like where you’re signing in from and recovery info on your account.
- After going to the Sign-in Helper, enter your phone number or email address.
- Click Continue.
- If prompted, enter the CAPTCHA code.
- Select the option that applies to receive an Account Key:
- If you can get text messages - click Yes, text me an Account Key.
- If you can access the email address - click Yes, send me an Account Key.
- Enter the Account Key we sent, then click Verify.
- Select an account from the list (linked to your email or phone number) to reset the password.
- Click Continue.
If you don't have a mobile phone number or alternate email address available, you may be prompted to verify any of the following info that you've added to your account.
- Full name
- Answers to secret questions you set up
- Older passwords you've used in the past
- Yahoo Mail contacts from your address book
- If you use this account to access Facebook, you might be asked to log in to Facebook