Manage Location and Language settings
Your Location and Language preferences are managed from the same page. Here's how to get there:
Not signed in? Your location preferences will only be saved across devices when signed in. Any preferences saved while you're not signed in won't be saved to your Account Settings and will be lost if you clear your browser's cookies.
- Sign in to your Yahoo Account info page.
- Click Preferences.
- Click Locations and languages.
From this page, you can view and manage all of the locations that are used to personalize your Yahoo pages, like Weather, Local, or Movies.
Current location: If you give permission to use your location, we use the address provided by your ISP (Internet Service Provider).
Detect: We realize that we don't get your location right every time, so you can help us by clicking Detect. We'll remember it until you move locations or click Detect again.
Timezone: Your timezone is automatically set based upon your current location.
Your Favorite locations give you easy access to locations of your interest on Yahoo.
- Enter your city or zip code in the search box.
- Select your location from the drop-down, and then click Add.
- Deselect the location to remove it.
You can add a list of languages here, and change your primary one at any time.
- Enter your language, and then select it from the drop-down.
- Click Add.
- Click Remove to clear if from the list.
- Click Set as Primary to make it your primary language.
Location preferences not updating? Setting your operating system or Web browser to allow Yahoo to get your location can fix this. For more info, check out our help article about fixing location detection failure.
Thank you! Your feedback has successfully been submitted.
Please tell us why you didn't find this helpful.