Remove or temporarily hide ads in Yahoo Mail
Yahoo Mail is a free service made possible by marketing ads that can be temporarily removed by hiding them. Permanently remove ads by purchasing Yahoo Mail Pro or Yahoo Mail Pro on mobile. This premium service is available for purchase from the desktop version of Yahoo Mail or as in app purchase and provides ad free service for that Yahoo Mail account across devices and browsers (Desktop or Mobile).
Free Yahoo Mail experience
- Inline ads - These ads appear among your emails within your Inbox and other folders. They'll have a "sponsored" label. These types of ads appear on desktop and mobile interfaces.
- Ads in the left or right column - These ads appear on either side of your emails in the desktop interface.
While ads on mobile can't be hidden, you can do the following from your desktop web browser to temporarily hide them. A new ad appears if you refresh the page or perform some actions. Influence the kinds of ads you see using the Ad Interest Manager.
- Most ads - Click the X or Options icon to remove that specific ad and provide feedback.
- The right-side ad - Click the Hide icon to temporarily hide the ad.
Ad free experience in Yahoo Mail
If you don’t want to see ads on any of your Yahoo Mail accounts you’ll need to purchase Yahoo Mail Pro or Yahoo Mail Pro on mobile.
- In-app purchases of Yahoo Mail Pro on mobile - Removes ads from your Yahoo Mail app only on devices connected to the Google Play or Apple ID account from which the subscription was purchased.
- Purchase Yahoo Mail Pro from your web browser - Removes ads across devices (Desktop & Mobile) on the account for which the subscription was purchased.
- Click the Settings icon .
- Click on More Settings.
- Select Yahoo Mail Pro.
- Chose a yearly or monthly subscription (default will be monthly) and enter your payment info on the signup page.
- Click Pay.
Coming soon - This feature is slowly rolling out. If you don't see it in your app, check back in a few days!
- Click the Menu icon .
- Click Settings.
- Click Get Yahoo Mail Pro on mobile.
- Follow the onscreen prompts to subscribe.
If you've signed up for ad-free services via Yahoo Mail Pro and you're still seeing ads on your desktop web browser, then your computer or web browser may be infected with malware. Malware like this is usually installed as an add-on, extension, or plug-in into your web browser. Use Yahoo Mail in another web browser or you can use these resources for tips on fighting malware: