Search for messages in Yahoo Mail
Find emails, attachments, photos, and calendar invites by using the search feature in Yahoo Mail. Use a few search terms or an advanced search to locate harder to find items.
- Basic search - Enter keywords in the top search bar, then click the Search icon .
- Search by sender - When viewing a list of emails, hover your mouse over an email and click the Search icon .
Find messages with a specific subject line, date, or from a certain person by placing specific words before your search terms. This will work for both desktop mail and the mail app (iOS + Android). For example:
- From: Mom
- Subject: Interview
- Search by Date: on:mm/dd/yyyy
- Search a Date Range: after:mm/dd/yyyy before:mm/dd/yyyy
- Search in a folder: in:foldername
- Search in a Folder by Date: in:foldername on:mm/dd/yyyy
- Search in a Folder by a Date Range: in:foldername after:mm/dd/yyyy before:mm/dd/yyyy
- In the top search bar, click the Search Options icon .
- Enter your search criteria (result only show for the field you enter).
- Optionally, limit by folder, date, attachment, photos or calendar invites:
- Limit by folder - Select a folder from the "Search in" field.
- Limit by date - Select a predefined range or pick custom dates.
- Limit by attachment, photos, calendar invites - Show emails with only attachments, photos, or calendar invites.
- Click Search.