How early week games affect your Fantasy Football league
Make sure you know how weeks with an early game can impact your Fantasy Football league.
Weekly waivers don't change based on early week games. Here are schedules for the different waiver types.
First game of the week - Tuesday waivers:
Leagues that use this option will have all unowned players placed onto waivers once the first game of the week begins and continues until Tuesday.
Game Time waivers
Players in the early week game(s) will be placed onto waivers at the scheduled kickoff time of their game. All other players will remain free agents until their games kick off on Sunday or Monday.
Sunday - Tuesday waivers:
Leagues that use this setting will not have their weekly waivers affected for early week games. All players will go on waivers at the beginning of the first game on Sunday morning.
Sun-Tues weekly waiver example:
All players will be available as Free Agents until the first game of the week on Sunday. This means that if a team's player is injured during an early week game, the backup player can be added to a manager's team at any time during the early week game and up until 10am PT Sunday, although they won't eligible to be used until the following Fantasy week.
This is because your league's weekly waiver rules don't take effect until the beginning of the first game on Sunday morning. This example is true for all players who are unowned in your league.
- Players involved in early week games will be locked in place at the scheduled start time.
- This affects intraroster moves (from active to bench positions). Lineup decisions need to be made prior to this deadline.
- If a manager adds a player who was involved in a early week game, the manager won't be able to move that player into their starting lineup until the following week.
- Players who are in an active roster spot for an early week game can't be dropped until the following week.
- Players who are in a bench roster spot for an early week game can be dropped at any time, subject to your league's weekly waiver rules and roster move deadlines.
- If a player in an active roster spot is involved in a trade, the trade will get pushed back and will process for the upcoming week. In order to have the trade processed for the current week, the team that owned the player who was involved with the early week game would need to bench that player. It's not possible for a manager to actively use a player and then trade that same player before the week has been completed.
- Early week games do not impact the league's trade review period, and the trade will be processed when the specific trade review period in your league has been completed.
- All players who are traded are placed on your bench. If you acquire a player who has already played for the week, they will be locked on your bench until the following week.
- Once the first game of the week begins, weekly voting will be closed for the week. Make sure to submit your weekly matchup votes before the start of the early week game.